4th of July Workout & Guide!
I know you’re getting ready to head out and enjoy the 4th, but before you do, I wanted to offer up a super fast 12 minute workout AND a few bits of advice on how to stay on track during a traditional party day.
Here’s the workout…
Set a timer for 50 seconds of work and 20 seconds of rest for 12 rounds – so this will be 12 minutes total. I’m even going to give you some options, so you can make it as challenging as best suits you right now.
Repeat the following 3x and you’re done! You’ll get an awesome sweat on and a huge metabolic boost for the rest of the day!
1. Squats OR kettlebell swings
2. Pushups (from the knees or toes)
3. Lunges (with or without a weight) OR jumping lunges (unweighted)
4. Burpees – with or without a pushup
Let me know how it goes! I bet you’ll be ready for it to be over after 12 minutes!
Also, here are my recommendations to make sure you to don’t go way off the rails today:
1. Drink a full glass of water after each alcoholic beverage. And no less than half your body weight in ounces of water throughout the day.
2. Over-indulge in things that are homemade, not things that are processed – you can buy processed foods any time you want them. They’re nothing special, so no need to overdo it on a special day.
3. Prioritize better carbs – definitely protein and veggies first then complex carbs like potatoes and rice.
4. Have only one extra indulgent meal. If you can splurge just once on any special day, it’s a lot better than all day, which is what many people give themselves permission to do.
I hope this is helpful for you! Now go out and have an awesome, well-deserved holiday!