If you have been on social media in the past several years, you have probably received a cold DM. These messages usually feel a little awkward, a little yucky, and definitely unnecessary. Unfortunately, there has been a lot of misinformation around the use of cold messages, and coaches are being told to use this marketing tactic. So, in this episode, Nicole will be explaining why this process never works and why she does not advocate for pushy, cold message marketing.
Listen in as she shares the importance of adding value and building trust first—before focusing on closing the sale. You will learn how to effectively execute an online marketing strategy and how to build a brand rather than simply selling products that you’re not entirely sure about. Treat people like people—do not treat people like prospects.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why you don’t need to be pushy to get clients. (1:02)
- Why you shouldn’t partner with someone who cold DM’s you. (4:00)
- How to shift your marketing to focus on your customers. (6:45)
- What you should consider before messaging someone. (7:19)
- How to build a brand. (9:42)
- What you must do to build a successful business. (11:55)
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“We never chase people. Our people come to us.” – Nicole Spencer
“Be more concerned about building relationships for the long term over closing a sale today.”- Nicole Spencer
“Cold DM’s don’t work for building a business of your soulmate clients.”- Nicole Spencer