EP 39: Understanding & Leveraging Fear in Business
By definition, fear is “an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is threatening, likely to cause pain or a danger.” It generally lies in uncertainty and can impact us in many ways, causing us to hesitate or sometimes even quit before we begin. However, our fear is simply based on our thoughts—which means it’s something that we can control. So, in this episode, Nicole will be sharing how to understand and overcome your fears in business.
Listen in as she explains how to leverage your negative emotions, as well as how you can use fear to push you forward rather than hold you back. You will learn how to avoid internalizing other people’s fears, how to honor your future self, and how to recognize chaos as opportunity.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why it is okay if you have been feeling fearful over the past few weeks. (1:00)
- What your fear is truly based on. (4:40)
- The importance of looking inward when it comes to your fears. (7:05)
- How to use fear to push you forward instead of hindering your advancements. (9:30)
- How to avoid internalizing other people’s fears. (11:50)
- The best way to call your energy back in—and what that means. (14:35)
- Why you should listen to your nagging feelings. (18:20)
- How to have and enjoy what you desire. (21:08)
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“There really is no certainty in the world, and anything can happen at any time.” – Nicole Spencer
“Our fear is just based on our thoughts. It’s something that we can control.” – Nicole Spencer
“Think about the emotion of fear and the thoughts that you can attribute it to.” – Nicole Spencer