If you have listened to previous episodes or you have heard Nicole speak on the topic of social media, you will have heard her concept that you should be 50% friend and 50% expert. On the friend side, you are relatable, and on the expert side, you help people understand what kind of results you can help them achieve. However, there is another type of content out there that many people overuse: the “look at me” content. So, in this episode, Nicole will be sharing why “look at me” content never works and what you can use in its place.
Listen in as Nicole explains the benefit of making an actual connection with your audience instead of focusing on content that simply makes them admire you. You will learn why you shouldn’t create content centered around you, what kind of content your audience really wants to see, and how to create clients from your content.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How to elevate your social media presence online. (1:50)
- What “look at me” content is and how to avoid it. (2:55)
- What happens if you make your content about you all of the time. (4:05)
- What people really want to see. (7:00)
- What kind of content you can post to make a connection with your audience. (8:48)
Ideas Worth Sharing:
“You should be 50% friend and 50% expert [online].” – Nicole Spencer
“If you want your content to create paying clients whose life you get to transform, you want to focus less on admiration and more on connection.” – Nicole Spencer
“People actually want an imperfect coach.” – Nicole Spencer